Compass and survex

Philip Balister balister@vt.edu
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:29:32 -0500

I have a set of compass data for a cave. I have successfully processed it
with survex and can view the cave fine.

I want to add some radio location information, so I made a top level svx
file that *includes the compass DAT files. Then I added a *entrance
directive to try and tag a station as the entrance.

cavern: warning: Station `d61' referred to by *entrance or *export but never used

Was the result. There is a station D61 in the compass data. ANy idea why
this happens? I am guessing I'll have the same problem when I try to
reference in cave stations for the radiolocation legs.

Also, in aven is there a way to get the bearing and distance from one
station to another? I can get the distance and elevation change fine, just
not the bearing.

Thanks,

Philip