Aven Bug (well, interface issues at least)

Mark Shinwell Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:46:48 +0000

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 02:08:38PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > Right click to centre makes intuitive sense to me - right button drag
> > pans the view, and "centre on station" is really "pan so that this
> > station is in the centre of the window".
>
> I'd agree with that - certainly my initial reaction for how to change this.
> Don't forget PDA users though. They still need some way of doing it with a
> one-button interface. button-modifiers to get right-click is one option but
> some way of doing it even with one button ought to remain even it's not very
> convenient.

Personally I'm not convinced about right click to centre: the right
button dragging thing is supposed to be like a normal "canvas drag"
operation, and I can't think of any other application implementing such
operations (ghostview, acroread etc.) which behaves in the way
suggested.  (Not that I'm suggesting that the current behaviour is much
good either!)

Things like this really need to be customisable by the user -- then the
PDA problem goes away...

Mark
--
Mark Shinwell -- http://mrs30.quns.cam.ac.uk/ -- Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Theory and Semantics Group, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory