Survex 1.0.14 released

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:46:28 +0100

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 05:33:41PM +0200, Josep Guarro wrote:
> Well I solved the problem by associating the svx files to:
> C:\Tcl\bin\wish.exe "c:\survex\svxedit.tcl" "%1"
>
> The survex 1.0.14 instalation sets it only to
> "c:\survex\svxedit.tcl" "%1"

The problem is it's harder to set up if you need to find out where TCL
is installed, and you can't install the association if TCL isn't there
yet.  And if it gets reinstalled elsewhere it'll stop working.

The stupid thing is that this is the sort of thing file associations
should avoid, but they only work on my box it seems!

> My windows is W98 2nd edition 4.10.2222 A

Odd, 98 too.

Anyway, for now at least I've made NotePad the default action.  If "Open
in SvxEdit" doesn't work for you, you can run it from the Start menu
(or command line if you prefer) and load the file with file->open.
I suspect you can put SvxEdit (or a shortcut to it) on the desktop and
drag .svx files to it too.