Survex 1.0.18

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:18:24 +0100

[Cc:ed to the Survex list for the hopeful enlightenment of others]

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:05:21PM +0100, Vickwain wrote:
> After reading the manual I was intrigued by the ability to overlay a surface
> survey but nowhere in the manual did it tell me how to formulate this data.

It is mentioned briefly in the manual, but only in the description of
the *FLAGS command, which isn't an obvious place to look unless you know
how it's done already!  Thanks for pointing out this shortcoming - I'll
add a pointer in a more obvious place in the next release (probably
later this week).

> I have 2 underground surveys and 2 surface ones with 2 fixed reference
> points. The surface surveys are label surface1 and 2 respectively.
>
> Can you tell me how to incorporate these into the survey so that I can blank
> the out when looking at the underground stations only.

I'd probably create a "top level" .svx file which includes the other
surveys.  Assuming each is in its own file, this would look something
like this:

; fixed reference points
*fix fix_a 12345 56789 1234
*fix fix_b 23456 67890 1111

; surface data (enclosed in *begin ... *end to stop the *flags command
; from "leaking" out)
*begin
*flags surface
*include surface1