cad3d converting problems

Roger Schuster roger@r-schuster.de
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:50:40 +0200

Am Wed, 15 May 2002 10:35:23 +0100 schrieb Olly Betts:

Hello Olly,

> Does the converted .PLT file load into aven and display correctly?  That
> works for me, so perhaps Compass doesn't expect such large coordinates,
> and is wrapping them.

This does work neither under Linux nor under Windows. Aven complains about
a corrupted file format and doesn't display the cave. Still more
surprising on my box aven can't read *any* converted PLT file. Original
PLTs from Compass do work in most cases in aven, even such large caves
like Lech! In some cases aven crashes without an error message.

I tested Survex 1.0.8 on Windows XP and on RedHat 7.2. In both cases I
used the pre- compiled packages from www.survex.com.

> I've not had reports of any trouble in the past, and I can import
> all.dxf into QCad, which is the first DXF capable CAD package for Linux
> I found.

Thank you for this hint - I'll give QCad a try!

Happy caving

Roger
--
Roger Schuster  eMail    roger@r-schuster.de