Backsights and default accuracy estimates

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon, 13 May 2002 16:51:54 +0100

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 04:39:03PM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> On Mon 13 May, Olly Betts wrote:
> >
> > (Wadders: any chance of adding some `<a name="...">' tags next time you
> > fettle the on-line compass points?  It would be nice to be able to link to
> > an individual article...)
>
> you mean like this:
> http://www.chaos.org.uk/survex/cp/CP14/CPoint14.htm#Art_3 ?

Yes.  But that doesn't work, because there is no '<a name="Art_3">' in
CPoint14.htm.

> (i.e. we've already done it, so that the content pages work:
> http://www.chaos.org.uk/survex/cp/Contents/Frame.htm
> ).

The contents pages do have that link, but it doesn't actually work as you
might hope - it just opens the issue with the position at the top.

It also insists on opening a new window which seems rather unnecessary.  The
frame it opens into is "_main" - I think this should be "main" or "_top"...