Survex 1.0.4 released

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 00:33:58 +0100

I've just uploaded Survex 1.0.4.  This should fix the problems that some
Microsoft Windows users reported loading files by double-clicking.  If you
still experience these with 1.0.4 (or later) please let me know urgently.

Download from:

http://www.survex.com/download.html

Changes between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4:

* extend: previously only kept one name for an equated group of stations in the
  extended .3d file; now keeps all the names.

* cad3d: if an output filename is given, use its extension to pick the default
  output format.

* aven: movement with keyboard is now accelerated by Shift as in caverot.

* print*: --no-borders fixed to work as documented; --no-cutlines added to
  turn off the dashed lines where pages join on multi-page printouts.

* aven: tracked down two uninitialised variables which seems to fix the
  failure to load a survey on startup which some people have been experiencing
  on Microsoft Windows.

* aven: code cleaned up - should improve performance a little.

* img routines: img_rewind() now returns a value indicating success/failure.

* Improvements to .plt file reading, notably that distances in the file are
  now interpreted as being in feet rather than metres.  Also .plt files should
  now be recognised even with a different extension, and we cope with an odd
  special case better.

* Added support for reading CMAP XYZ files.  There are two variants of these
  - the "shot" format is fully implemented, the "station" format currently
  just reads the station names and positions - the legs are ignored (sadly
  the sample files I have do not match the format specification).

* (MacOS X version): aven: aven now builds on MacOS X - we just need to sort
  out packaging now...

* (MSDOS version): upgraded graphics library used to Allegro 4.0.1.

* Documentation updates.