Startup view in caverot [Is this considered a bug ?]

John P N Pybus john.pybus@zoology.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 17:39:01 +0100

On Tuesday 25 Sep 2001 11:53 pm, Michael Lake wrote:

> Andy Waddington on Survey stuff wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to bring up Caverot with a particular view when it is
> > started? I find that I am dropping a .3d file into Caverot and rotating
> > it to a particular tilt, viewing direction and zoom in repeatedly, and it
> > would be nice to be able to say something like "Caverot thing/3d -azimuth
> > 168 -elevation +30 -zoom 4" etc. to always start with the same view,
> > magnified so much from the default (which would fit the whole survey
> > on-screen).
>
> just a suggestion, for unixphytes one might consider following the GNU
> system:
> caverot mycave[.3d] --azimuth 168 --elevation +30 --zoom 4

Handy.  Being able to specify the point being looked at, and the scale, in
survey units would also be very nice, and enable one to compare the same view
of a system when the size and centre point of a survey have changed (e.g. by
the addition of a huge new extension ;-).

John