.inf files and HTO import/export

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:31:32 +0100

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 09:54:09PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> I've been reworking and updating the documentation, which has lead me to
> look at the HTO import/export utilities - svx2hto and hto2svx.  Both were
> written a long time ago and haven't been kept in step with changes in the
> survex command set.

I've been looking at other survey software and have been unable to find
anything else that supports HTO.  According to an old mail I found even
SMAPS (written by the author of the HTO standard) doesn't, though I can't
easily verify this.

A survey exchange format only supported by one package is not terribly
useful so I'm going to retire the HTO support until/unless someone finds
another package which also supports HTO.