newbie

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:51:10 +0000

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:13:27AM +0100, Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Olly Betts wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 11:48:45AM +0100, Jerome Alet wrote:
> > > when I launch cavern on any .svx file included in the sample.tar.gz
> > > archive, there are too much errors (often on dates AFAICT ) and the
> > > processing stops.
> >
> > I have already fixed the master copy of the dataset used to produce the
> > sample data, but failed to upload a replacement.  Thanks for bringing this
> > to my attention - I'll upload a fixed version of the sample data later
> > today.
>
> Please could you tell me if this is done or from where I can download the
> file ? The "sample data" link still returns the old datas.

Sorry, I forgot that the job was more involved than simply packinging up the
files in question (the dataset it comes from has lots of currently
unconnected .svx files and miscellaneous documentation), so it's taken
longer than I expected.  But I've now written a nifty script to do the
packaging, so it'll be quick next time.

The sample.zip now on the website should work with the latest 0.99
prereleases (and also with 0.98).