Survex 0.97 prerelease 4 available

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 03:32:53 +0100

I've uploaded the fourth prerelease of Survex 0.97.  Download links are on:

http://www.survex.com/

This prerelease is available for all platforms (apart from RISC OS and
pre-386 MSDOS machines - sorry, run out of time).

I'm off to China until June 9th, so keep the comments coming and I'll sort
them out when I return.  Any aven related issues are best directed to Mark
Shinwell <Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk> with a cc: to me so I know what's
going on.

Brian: Note had a chance to look further at the caverot label lockup bug I'm
afraid.

Full list of user-visible changes between 0.97-prerelease3 and prerelease4:

* Updated Portuguese and German translations.

* aven: Accents now work in display; suppress "wxstd" warning box for
  English; speed improvements; redesign of indicators; rescale by
  dragging scalebar; allow surface legs to be hidden (they are by
  default); now defaults to plan view; depth bar labelling improved;
  added caverot-like handling of flat surveys (so output from extend
  is locked flat).

* cavern: Complain if the same name is used for a survey and a station.

* cavern: Added --warnings-are-errors command line option.

* caverot/xcaverot: Middle button now tilts cave by dragging rather
  than toggling plan/elevation.

* caverot: continue setup in background while help page is displayed;
  "R" (Reverse Rotation) now only affects the auto-rotation - it used
  to affect "C", "V", "/", and "'".

* cavern: unused fix point warnings now work for stations fixed with
  error estimates; added test cases for this.

* testsuite: Enhanced many existing tests to check for warnings.

* Fixed to build on Solaris with Sun's compiler.

* Minor corrections to documentation and man pages.

* cavern: report *export errors at the file and line where the *begin
  for the survey involved was as that's much more useful.

* cavern: allow "-" in station names by default.