trouble when *fixing to UTM

Leandro Dybal Bertoni leandro@dybal.eti.br
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:05:54 -0300

Hi,

One of the caves we are surveying has a maze subsection. I noticed that
the station's relative positions in that subsection differed when I run
the whole cave or just that section through cavern (and the results when
I run the whole cave looks less like the cave).

After some experimenting (adding more o f the cave to the subsection
run), I got to the point where I got the whole cave there and it still
looked good. Then I put in the *fix line with the UTM coordinates form
GPS and then it changed (and the subsection I was working with got
distorted).

This is the *fix:

*fix \gps 216842 8633520 600

When I took out the last digit of the northing, (863352) it got back to
normal.

Cheers,

Leandro