Possible Bug

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:26:41 +0100

Thanks for your bug reports Peter - I'm replying to the survex list so
others are aware of them.

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 08:38:44PM +0100, Peter Wilton-Jones wrote:
> I think I may have found a bug in Survex, well cavern.
> I have created a grid for the surface above Draenen but I do not seem to be
> able to Process, it keeps telling me that the matrix did not invert.
> I have attached the SVX file for you to take a look at. It is simply heights
> across a grid above Draenen. Hope you have some ideas. BTW it did work in a
> previous release.

I enabled a turn of piece consistency check in the source code in 0.98-pre1.
Turns out it was disabled for a reason - it checks something which doesn't
have to be true, so you get errors when there's nothing wrong.  This will be
fixed in the next prerelease.

> Also, two other things.
> * I do not seem to be able to get printwin to work. It just sits there and
> does nothing when I right click on the 3d file and select Print. It is
> running because it is sat there in task manager but not doing anything. Is
> there something else I'm supposed to do?

I'm not able to test printwin myself (I don't have access to a Windows
machine with a printer).  Has anyone else tried printwin (it's called by the
"Print" option in the right-button menu of a .3d file).

Otherwise, Phil Underwood wrote printwin - any ideas Phil?

> *When installnig the Windows version the default for 3d files is Extend and
> also there is OPEN which processes a DXF file plus PRINT. There is nothing to
> open in Aven. Was this done for a reason? What I would proefer is still to
> include these options but to have a Default of Open in Aven. It isn't too
> much of a problem though because all I do is change it.

I think this is my fault - I added the "Convert to DXF" option, but in such
a way as it wipes out the "Open in aven" option.  This should be fixed in
the next prerelease.