What do you want to see in Aven?

Mark Shinwell Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 00:53:41 +0100

Hi

I am gathering features such that I can have a target list of things
to implement in Aven before Survex 1.00.  Please let me know of any
suggestions.

Major items I am already working on are:

- Full OpenGL support for accelerated display of surveys, including the
  ability to overlay a semi-transparent surface terrain map through
  which you can see the cave systems.

- A search facility for stations, possibly including incremental search.

- The ability to point at a station and have the name + coordinates pop up.

- Customisable depth colouring boundaries.

- Display of a grid.

There are also various minor improvements to be done.  I would be
interested to hear of other features which you would like to see.

Cheers
Mark

--
Mark Shinwell -- http://mrs30.quns.cam.ac.uk/ -- Mark.Shinwell@cl.cam.ac.uk
Theory and Semantics Group, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory