Survex 0.97 prerelease 3 available

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:03:53 +0100

I've uploaded the third prerelease of Survex 0.97.  Download links are on:

http://www.survex.com/

This prerelease is available for all platforms (apart from RISC OS and
pre-386 MSDOS machines - these should be available with the next one).

There are more improvements to the Unix version of Aven (including partial
internationalisation).  Some issues still remain (detailed in the BUGS
files), let Mark and me know if you find any not listed there.

I'm off caving in the Ardeche until April 22nd, but keep the comments coming
and I'll sort them out when I return.

Brian: I think the caverot label lockup bug is fixed - can you confirm?

Full list of user-visible changes between 0.97-prerelease2 and prerelease3:

* (Unix version): aven: Internationalised; Fixed serious drawing bug
  causing incorrect rendering and segfaults; Scale bar now draggable;
  Depth bar tidied up; Orientation menu changes; Menu accelerators
  fixed; Status bar disabled (various continuing problems and it
  doesn't really convey much useful info anyway); About box fixes;
  Fixed crashes on mouse actions when no survey loaded; Improved
  labelling of scale bar and indicators.

* Created Swiss German and "German German" sub-versions of German
  translation.

* (DOS version): caverot: fixed slight underallocation of memory which
  probably caused the bug Brian Clipstone reported.

* cavern: Improved reporting of missing *export-s; added 2 more
  *export tests.

* No longer trap SIGINT (Ctrl-C) or SIGTERM (Ctrl-\ on Unix) as we
  can't do anything useful.

* Removed support for really old language names ("fren", "germ",
  "ital", etc) - use "fr", "de", "it", etc instead.

* (RISC OS version): support a few extra accents in messages.

* "Syntax" in command-line help messages now translated.