Caverot Problem on Windows NT Laptop (fwd)

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:53:16 +0000 (GMT)

Anyone who uses NT familiar with this prob?

Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 13:13:33 -0000
From: Martin Ellis <mjellis@tesco.net>
To: olly@survex.com, wookey@survex.com
Subject: Caverot Problem on Windows NT Laptop

Gentlemen

I have installed Survex on a friend's laptop which we taking on a trip to
Thailand at Christmas.
>From a DOS window we can run 'cavern' and 'printhpgl' without any problems,
but when we try 'caverot' we get the following error message:

16 bit MS-DOS subsystem
Command Prompt - caverot <cavename>
The NUTDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:c000 IP:00c0 OP:63 68 6e 6f 6c

[it may say NVTDM - I can't read my handwriting!!!!]

The machine is a
DEFT version 2.01
x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 10
AT/AT compatible
130,420 KB RAM

and the operating system is
Windows NT
4.00.1381

As it is a works machine it has been configured in a weird and wonderful way
to allow it to be connected to the works network.

Have you come across this problem before and do you know of a solution?
My friend will also discuss the problem with the IT department at work.

Thanks

Martin Ellis