[SURVEX] More on xcaverot vs Digital Unix -- PS.

Phil Benchoff benchoff@vt.edu
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:50:48 -0500

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 05:43:25PM +0000, Mark Shinwell wrote:
> P.S. I meant do xdpyinfo on the Digital box.  Did the problem stop when turning
> double buffering off on the Linux or on the Digital box?

Everything appears to work on the Linux box.

Here is the output of xdpyinfo -queryExtensions on the Digital Unix
box:

name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    DECWINDOWS Digital Equipment Corporation Digital UNIX V4.0
vendor release number:    1
maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  100
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    6
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 12, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x1c0000d, revert to None
number of extensions:    20
    Adobe-DPS-Extension  (opcode: 0, base event: 248, base error: 255)
    BIG-REQUESTS  (opcode: 132)
    DEC-XTRAP  (opcode: 136, base event: 83, base error: 137)
    DOUBLE-BUFFER  (opcode: 135, base error: 136)
    DPMS  (opcode: 134)
    DPSExtension  (opcode: 0, base event: 248, base error: 255)
    Keyboard-Management-Extension  (opcode: 137)
    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER  (opcode: 138, base event: 84)
    MIT-SHM  (opcode: 129, base event: 65, base error: 129)
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD  (opcode: 139)
    Multi-Buffering  (opcode: 140, base event: 85, base error: 146)
    SHAPE  (opcode: 133, base event: 82)
    SYNC  (opcode: 141, base event: 87, base error: 147)
    Shared-Memory Transport  (opcode: 130, base event: 66, base error: 130)
    XC-MISC  (opcode: 142)
    XIE  (opcode: 143, base event: 89, base error: 149)
    XInputExtension  (opcode: 131, base event: 67, base error: 131)
    XKEYBOARD  (opcode: 128, base event: 64, base error: 128)
    XTEST  (opcode: 144)
    XVideo  (opcode: 145, base event: 94, base error: 156)
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (342x274 millimeters)
  resolution:    95x95 dots per inch
  depths (4):    8, 12, 24, 4
  root window id:    0x3a
  depth of root window:    24 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 2, maximum 6
  default colormap:    0x21
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
  largest cursor:    64x64
  current input event mask:    0xfa203f
    KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           ButtonPressMask
    ButtonReleaseMask        EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask
    ButtonMotionMask         StructureNotifyMask      SubstructureNotifyMask
    SubstructureRedirectMask FocusChangeMask          PropertyChangeMask
    ColormapChangeMask
  number of visuals:    21
  default visual id:  0x31
  visual:
    visual id:    0x22
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x23
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x24
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xe0, 0x1c, 0x3
    significant bits in color specification:    3 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x25
    class:    GrayScale
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x26
    class:    StaticGray
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x27
    class:    StaticColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0xe0, 0x1c, 0x3
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x28
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xe0, 0x1c, 0x3
    significant bits in color specification:    3 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x29
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xe0, 0x1c, 0x3
    significant bits in color specification:    3 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2a
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xe0, 0x1c, 0x3
    significant bits in color specification:    3 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2b
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    8 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xe0, 0x1c, 0x3
    significant bits in color specification:    3 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2c
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    12 planes
    available colormap entries:    16 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf00, 0xf0, 0xf
    significant bits in color specification:    4 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2d
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    12 planes
    available colormap entries:    16 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf00, 0xf0, 0xf
    significant bits in color specification:    4 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2e
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    12 planes
    available colormap entries:    16 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf00, 0xf0, 0xf
    significant bits in color specification:    4 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x2f
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    12 planes
    available colormap entries:    16 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf00, 0xf0, 0xf
    significant bits in color specification:    4 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x30
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    12 planes
    available colormap entries:    16 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xf00, 0xf0, 0xf
    significant bits in color specification:    4 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x31
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x32
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x33
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x34
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x35
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x36
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    4 planes