Project Spud

andrew m. boardman amb@apocalypse.org
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 23:40:17 -0400

>Out of interest, how many people on this list run Survex on a machine with
>just DOS (no MS Windows)?

Me, for one.  (My old 80286 laptop/boat-anchor is nigh indestructible; I
wish I could say that for the '486 machine I had briefly been using...)
But perhaps more importantly, I often prefer to deal only with a CLI, and
would be very sad if that capability ever disappeared entirely.  (Not,
granted, that this is in the current plans...)

And from older email:

>If anyone fancies helping out, it would be very useful to have someone
>(or a few people) read through the documentation and highlight areas
>which are unclear, nonsensical, out of date, or just plain wrong.

Certainly!  I'm back at university, with no shortage of time for
such diversions, and would be happy to help.

cheers,
andrew