Teaching survex and cave survey

Graham Mullan graham.mullan at coly.org.uk
Fri Dec 12 07:28:59 GMT 2014

Fot Therion, this cannot be beaten

http://cp.cavesurveying.org.uk/index.php/articles/3-therion-tutorial

Graham

From: Cave-Surveying [mailto:cave-surveying-bounces at survex.com] On Behalf Of
hongmeiguicc at yahoo.com
Sent: 12 December 2014 04:13
To: cave-surveying at survex.com
Subject: Teaching survex and cave survey

I'm looking for instructional materials (PPTs, handouts, anything else that
might be useful) for teaching survex and cave surveying. I was just asked to
teach a 5 day (3 classroom, 2 in-cave) course on surveying to non-caver
geology professionals in China starting on the 15th. I am scrambling to come
up with course materials, so any assistance would be very much appreciated.
I am planning on teaching traditional compass and clino surveying and
sketching to scale, plus a brief introduction to DistoX. I'm going to teach
survex, and if time permits I'll show them how to use Therion. Since the
students are non-cavers I'm also going to go over basic caving safety, cave
conservation, and care of caving/surveying equipment.

Cheers,
Erin

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/mobile/?.src=Android>