BCRA cave surveying agm minutes

Graham Mullan graham.mullan at coly.org.uk
Tue Oct 15 08:09:35 BST 2013

Sounds like a good, useful, positive meeting.

A few points:

I agree that people should be encouraged to ask basic questions on the
list, it is helpful to everybody.

UBSS has already adopted UIS grades (thanks to Andrew, essentially).
There will be resistance to this, but it is the right way forward.

I am willing to help with re-writing the surveying guide. After all, if
I can understand it, then anyone can! The BCRA guides have been cited
thousands of times in articles and papers & we really need one reference
that covers paperless methodology that can be cited & be easily found.
One reason for the writing of the Gough's paper last year was to get a
reference "out there" even though that did cover more than just
paperless methods.

Graham
graham.mullan at coly.org.uk

In the UK 0117 9502556 or 07887 637064
France from the UK 0844 2327803
In France 05 53 51 19 15 or 06 02 53 37 81