UK Cave Technology Symposium 2011

David Gibson david.list at caves.org.uk
Mon Mar 7 15:21:23 GMT 2011

UK Cave Technology Symposium 2011

Update: 6 March 2011

The next BCRA Cave Technology Symposium will take place on
Saturday 9 April 2011 at Hulland Ward Village Hall, near Ashbourne,
Derbyshire, UK. This is the venue we visited in 2007 for the first of
these symposiums.

In addition, for those of you staying in the area for the weekend, there
will be an opportunity to join in with field sessions on the Sunday,
organised as part of BCRA's Cave Surveying Group's spring field meeting.
The BCRA library at Glutton Bridge, near to Buxton, will also be open on
the Sunday, for browsing, and for any further 'classroom' sessions that
arise out of the Saturday talks. Further details of these activities
will be given as soon as possible.

A programme of events is gradually coming together, and has been posted
to the discussion forum at http://bcra.org.uk/forum  There is still an
opportunity for you to offer to give a talk. I would particularly like
to include a photography and video theme this year, so if you wish to
talk about video editing software, video lighting, unusual digital
techniques or whatever ... please let me know.

There is no pre-registration for this event. There will be a small
admission charge on the door with a discount for BCRA members. Speakers
will not be charged. Tea, coffee and light refreshments will be
available for a small fee. There is a local pub which will provide meals
at lunchtime but it tends to be busy and you may prefer to bring your
own packed lunch. BCRA publications will be on sale and all delegates
will be offered a free copy of BCRA's Cave Surveying booklet (Cave
Studies Series #11). http://bcra.org.uk/pub/cs/index.html?j=11

Accommodation for the Saturday night has been booked in a local caving
cottage. Accommodation and CSG activities are being handled by Allan
Richardson. The address mailto:tech-sym at bcra.org.uk will reach us both.

Further information will be sent out by email in due course to those who
are registered with this announcement list at http://list.bcra.org.uk.
If you do not wish to receive further mailings please contact me and I
will remove your name from the list immediately. You can also handle
your own subscription to this list by going to http://list.bcra.org.uk

Information will also be posted from time to time to the BCRA news forum
at http://bcra.org.uk/forum

In case you were not aware, copies of last year's presentations are
available at http://bcra.org.uk/proc, together with a copy of Mike
Bedford's report that appeared in CREG journal 74. A version of this
article is about to be published in Speleology 17.

--
David Gibson