Disto-X Calibration Woes

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Sun May 3 20:55:23 BST 2009

Thanks all for your responses, I will work through the practical aspects
over the next week.

Some initial responses.
Yes, I have been in touch with Beat, had some dialog and sent him some
calibration files.  I am sure he is contemplating...

As far as I know this is the only Disto-X in New Zealand, so a second one
for comparison is unlikely until this one is working.

NZ and Switzerland are on opposite sides of the world, so sending the device
to Beat is almost a choice of last resort.

I have tried calibrating in two areas that I presume have few magnetic
influences with no discernable difference.  I have yet to go far far away
from civilisation, but of course will have to try this very soon.

Bruce