CSG meet, Sunday 19th April - DistoX special

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu Apr 16 05:22:44 BST 2009

The CSG will be holding a meet on Sunday 19th April, the day after the
BCRA Tech Symposium, at SWCC.

The primary theme for the weekend will be magic electronic surveying
with DistoX, sending readings by bluetooth to a PDA running Auriga or
PocketTopo.

Svein Grundstrøm will talk on the subject, starting about 10am and
then we will go underground (OFD II) to try it out for ourselves.

We will also do a little distoX vs SAP loop comparison if there is
time. Afterwards will be some post-processing after uploading the data
from the PDA.

Surveying with no pencils at all (!). Scary.

A comparison of various laser measures would also be worthwhile. I'll
bring a Bosch, Skil and Leica D2 as well as an original disto. If
anyone has experience of other models do bring them along.

There will be discussion of what will happen next in laser-surveying
instrument development, and a few words about some forthcoming
inertial surveying experiments.

Anna Mason may be there to demonstrate her
surveying-by-motion-tracking system, but that is not yet confirmed.

The CSGs permanent offer of surveying training either for beginners or
as a refresher remains open, but do tell me if you'd like to do this
so I can bring enough kit and fit it into the schedule. We can teach
both actual surveying and how to the use the software afterwards.

I hope that sounds interesting enough for some of you to come along -
Apologies for the rather late notice of the program details.

See you sunday.

Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/