Open Geodata in Europe - Inspire directive

Eric Madelaine Eric.Madelaine at sophia.inria.fr
Mon May 15 10:43:35 BST 2006

David Gibson wrote:

>I think you might be misunderstanding the use of the term "literary
>work" in the (English) copyright act. If I collect some facts and write
>them down, that is a literary work within the meaning of the act and I
>have full copyright protection under English law. No conceivable
>argument about *that*.

I would be interested with more details about this argument...
We currently have some arguments with the french ministry of ecology,
that wants the caving federation (FFS) to give them (for free) our lists
of cave entrances, and argue that there cannot be any intellectual
property on the list of coordinates, because they are just "facts"...

Eric.