Dates

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:16:38 +0000

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 08:48:39AM -0000, Graham Mullan wrote:
> Andy Waddington said:
> > Although how the hell anyone is going to adopt a standard if it is only
> > available (at ridiculous expense) on paper beats me :-(
>
> Andy, you can order a PDF file on CD from
>
> http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=26780

The 30 page standard (either as a PDF or on paper) is about 50 quid!
I can't see many people would be willing to pay 50 quid to find out how
to write a date...

ISO really need to sort their act out - it's insane that late drafts of
ISO standards are available on the web for free (legitimately it seems)
while to obtain the final version you need to shell out big bucks.

http://www.g1smd.freeuk.com/FTP/ISO8601/PDF/ISO8601-2000_Draft-20001215_ISO-TC154-N362_Final.PDF