Auriga cave survey software for Palm OS

Luc Le Blanc lleblanc@cam.org
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:12:07 -0500

Hi,

    I am pleased to announce the availability of the first public beta
version of Auriga, a cave survey freeware running under Palm OS.

    Auriga allows easy input, underground, of numeric survey data, its
conversion into Cartesian co-ordinates, its display as a map, and other
useful computations. It supports series, sessions, various measurement
units and instruments and offers a wealth of options, to ensure optimal
flexibility and user-friendliness.

    A "conduit" performing the synchronization of Auriga data with
Windows and Mac OS cave survey software is also being developed.

Auriga homepage:

http://www.speleo.qc.ca/auriga

   Articles on Auriga appear this month in the NSS News (USA), BCRA's
Compass Points (GB) and SQS' Sous Terre (Qu=E9bec).

    I invite you to subscribe to the Auriga multilingual discussion list
for new releases announces, bug reports, suggestions and comments:

auriga-topo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    This announcement was sent to the Speleo-Quebec, INRIA, Speleo
(Belgium), Iztaxochitla, Survex, Cave Surveying and Cavers' Digest
lists.

--
Luc Le Blanc
Montreal, Quebec, CANADA