GPS Coordinate transformations

J Wood John@peakdesign.co.uk
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:54:03 +0000

Thanks Ben,

I am actually working with some GPS modules which have no supporting
software, so I need to code that up, and need the transformations as some
form of algorithm. The modules themselves only output in Lat, Lon & Height.

John

At 14:32 14/01/02 -0000, you wrote:

>In article "RE: GPS Coordinate transformations" in <!cave-surveying>, on
>Sun, 13 Jan 2002 John Wood <John@peakdesign.co.uk> wrote
>
>>> 1. Can anyone point me in the direction of the appropriate transformation
>>> from GPS Lat, Lon, Height to UK OS grid reference?
>
>Hi John,
>I can recommend a software package called DTCC4 that can be downloaded for
>free from the US National Imagery and Mapping Agency.  It is brilliant - it
>will convert from any one coordinate system to any other and seems to cover
>all grid systems in use, including the obscure Madagascar Laborde coordinate
>system that I couldn't find anywhere else.
>
>Link to the download page is:
>http://www.nima.mil/geospatial/SW_TOOLS/NIMAMUSE/
>
>It is very simple to use.  You can either type in coordinates or input a
>list of them from a file.
>
>If you have any further questions, do ask.
>Regards,
>- Ben Cooper

John Wood

Peak Design & Development
Address:  Sunnybank House, Wensley Rd, Winster, Derbys. DE4 2DH UK
Tel/Fax:  01629 650264    Intl 0044 1629 650264
email  :  john@peakdesign.co.uk