list name change

Andreas Neumann neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:15:33 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

Unfortunately I did have to change the name of the discussion-list from
"cavedata@cartography.ch" to "cavexml@cartography.ch" - I did move all the
subscribers.

This is because Peter Mathews already started with "cavedata" and uses
this name for discussion on karst and cave data field definition. As he
already started to post the list-name to other homepages we decided to
change the name.

See you on cavexml ...

Concerning keeping the original-data we should well think of a kind of
version management to restore old states of a file. Some cave-software
might already work with version management ... But this is for the long
run. On the short run we need to provide a format capable to adequately
describe the actual state ...

Concerning the additional list on discussion of xml-issues I did not meant
to separate surveyors from computer people. I personally also belong to
those people producing muddy papers with survey-data but am also
interested in the computer stuff. Every surveyor who wants to participate
is welcome to subscribe in both lists. This was just to not annoy those
who want to discuss only on surveying issues, as the discussion might well
produce a flood of mails and get rather technical.

Andreas

--
"If you have got the right attitude,
 interesting problems will find you."

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3037, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: andreas.neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/~an/