CDFV: survey/xml voting and delegates

Peter MATTHEWS matthews@melbpc.org.au
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 21:13:45 +1100

More housekeeping:

Voting and delegates
at liberty to lobby your delegate prior to voting!

As far as I am aware, UIS has no formal rules about how country delegates
should be selected, so in practice I suggest the easiest way would be (1)
the people in a country who are interested in this subject discuss among
themselves and put forward one person as their official delegate, or (2) in
the absence of this happening, a volunteer puts forward their own name
which this UIS group will then publish. If there are no subsequent
objections from people in that country, then the person from (1) or (2)
becomes the official delegate. The final delegates' names will then be
permanently listed on the website. Delegates can of course be replaced when
necessary by their country. This method seems to have worked well with the
mapping symbols group. We do not need a delegate from every UIS country,
only those countries which are interested in this topic. Comments?

If you are happy with the above arrangements we could get the country
delegates sorted out right now.

So, if it's a group decision for your country, please post the delegate's
name to this mailing list, and include the names of those who have agreed
to this delegate.

Or if there is no group decision for your country, or you are the only
person participating for your country, please indicate this when you
volunteer as the delegate.

I will post the names of the delegates on the web page (I'll advise of its
address when done). Hopefully any dissention about delegates will have been
sorted out locally before posting on this mailinglist.

Peter Matthews