[Fwd: GPS Selective availability turned off]

Doug Dotson ddotson@clark.net
Thu, 04 May 2000 10:02:06 -0400

--------------7206DA49D8D96A7E1D3DED18

Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 10:01:29 -0400
From: Doug Dotson <ddotson@clark.net>
To: Robert Smallshire <r.smallshire@rdr.leeds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: GPS Selective availability turned off

I did some testing on my boat last night using my Garmin 128
with a Garmin DGPS beacon receiver. The Garmin web page
states that DGPS should improve the error of the new non-SA
position to 1-5 meters. Here are my tst results:

With SA:
    Normal: EPE = 50-70 ft
    DGPS: EPE = 20-24 ft

Without SA:
    Normal: EPE = 17-23
    DGPS: EPE = 38-40   !?!?!?

Go figure! I'm trying to find out why things are now worse
with DGPS.

Doug