Survex 1.2.26 released

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Wed Jan 13 21:43:42 GMT 2016

+++ Olly Betts [2016-01-13 19:42 +0000]:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 01:17:44AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 10:23:15AM +1300, Olly Betts wrote:
> > > Survex 1.2.26 is now available:
> [...]
> > Once the package migrates to testing, I'll update the backported
> > Debian versions.
>
> Backport uploaded yesterday for the most recent stable release (Debian
> 8, aka jessie), and should be available already.
>
> I've also just uploaded a backport for the previous stable release
> (Debian 7, aka wheezy), which should be available soon.

> You'll need to enable "wheezy-backports-sloppy" to get this (the
> "-sloppy" indicates there's not a simple upgrade path from
> wheezy+wheezy-backports-sloppy to jessie without backports, but
> there is to jessie+jessie-backports).

Erm. I'm a debian developer and I didn't understand that, so I'm not
sure the rest of the readership will either...

You are saying that the current 1.2.26 is now available for both
Debian 8 and Debian 7 (yay!), but there is possibly some gotcha about
upgrading if using this verison on Debian 7 (wheezy), depending on
which repositories are enabled? Do users need to care about that? If
so they will want to know what the tradoff(s) is(are).

http://wookware.org/