Survex 1.2.26 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 7 21:23:15 GMT 2016

Survex 1.2.26 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

This release really fixes the processing of data through aven on
Microsoft Windows, which was sadly more broken in 1.2.25 than 1.2.24.

It also updates the .spec file for build RPM packages for Fedora and
related Linux distributions.

See the NEWS file entry below for a full list of changes.

There's no Mac OS X build yet - I'll try to sort one shortly.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

1ea06dd26167db28cd6dc38e3ef6e31d5cafce3f  survex-1.2.26.tar.gz
e49218b88c8f35b02e53508795e5526c72a2b01f  survex-win32-1.2.26.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
http://survex.com/software/1.2.26/

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.26

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.26 (2016-01-07):

* aven:

  + (Microsoft Windows version): Fix to be able to process .svx files with
    cavern again.

* (Microsoft Windows version): Simplify upgrading process with innosetup
  installer - if Survex is already installed, we now just install to the same
  location and use the same start menu folder.

* (Linux version): survex.spec: Update for filetype metadata change in 1.2.25.
  Fixes #79, reported by James Begley.

* (Linux version): survex.spec: Fix to work with RPM 4.13.  Fixes #79, reported
  by James Begley.