Survex 1.2.20 compile error

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Jun 28 05:23:23 BST 2015

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 02:54:57PM -0500, Bill Gee wrote:
> On 64-bit Fedora 21.  This machine correctly compiles Survex 1.2.18.  The error is
> actually in moviemaker.
>
> I used an option to specify the selector for wxGTK ...
>
> 	./configure  WX_CONFIG=/usr/bin/wx-config-3.0
>
> Configure ran through without errors or warnings.
>
> I ran make once and it went most of the way through.  Now when I run make, it only
> tries to build what has not been done yet.  Below is the output from make.
>
> Any suggestions??

The libav library the moviemaker code uses went through a phase of
changing API unreasonably often, so the code is set up to work with
a few different versions of it.  It looks like configure failed to
find av_frame_alloc() so we're using a replacement version, but
this then clashes with the version which actually is in the library,
and similarly for some other functions which weren't present in older
versions of the libav API.

I changed the configure tests to use pkg-config in 1.2.19 (as that
finds the flags needed for a static build mostly automatically), so this
is probably related to that change, but I'm not sure exactly what's
going wrong.  Can you attach the "config.log" file which is created by
running the configure command?