Survex 1.2.22 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Aug 18 20:48:44 BST 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 06:04:48PM +0100, Jarvist Moore Frost wrote:
> On 17 August 2015 at 17:27, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> > * cavern:
> >
> >   + Fix *declination with an angle to actually work.
>
> Is the suggestion that previous cavern versions do not correctly apply
> declination? Or is this *declination vs. *calibrate declination ?

It's only *declination (which was completely new in 1.2.21) and only
with a numeric value (the auto version works fine in 1.2.21).

Essentially the problem is that I failed to actually test the non-auto
version in the final version of the new code.

There's no issue with *calibrate declination.  Sorry, I should have
made that clearer.

BTW, I'd definitely recommend using *declination auto if you are OK with
the version requirement and if you have at least approximate dates for
most of your data - in CUCC's dataset it reduced a ~68m misclosure on a
major connection we made in 2014 to ~17m (which would have made it much
easier to find!)  Generally it's improved the picture in "colour by
error mode".

The declination in the area used to be very close to zero so we'd been
ignoring it, but over the decades it has increased and is now a bit over
3 degrees.