Survex 1.2.22 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Aug 17 17:27:24 BST 2015

Survex 1.2.22 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

Some highlights of this release:

* aven: Should now render terrain and passage tubes taken depth into the
  picture into account on all platforms.

See the NEWS file entry below for a full list.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

11deee793cc5a20b05cdae84fd1bd55e397fede4  survex-1.2.22.tar.gz

There's no Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X build this time - I'll try to sort
these out next when I'm back home.

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
http://survex.com/software/1.2.22/

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.22

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.22 (2015-08-17):

* aven:

  + Ensure that the window has a depth buffer.  Whether it does by default
    seems to vary depending on OS and maybe graphics card.  Fixes #55 (terrain
    is no longer visible through itself), and also the rendering of passage
    tubes.  Thanks to Martin Green for pointing me in the right direction for
    finding this fix.

* cavern:

  + Fix *declination with an angle to actually work.

  + Fix assertion if we try to identify a hanging survey by an anonymous
    station.

  + Improve errors for invalid survey names in *begin, *end, *equate and
    *export.