OS X Compilation (again!)

David A. Riggs david.a.riggs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 22:51:42 GMT 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> If you either update the script to use 3.0 or build against 3.0 from
> homebrew, how do things go?

I briefly tried `buildmacosx.sh --no-install-wx` but it's not happy
with the Homebrew wx version's configuration.

~/tmp/survex-1.2.10$ wx-config --static --libs --cflags --cxxflags
"core,gl,html"

          Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config
--static --libs --cflags --cxxflags core,gl,html
                   in /usr/local/Cellar/wxmac/3.0.0.0/lib/wx/config
          If you require this configuration, please install the desired
          library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
          test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
          You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
          the default prefix.

~/Users/driggs/tmp/survex-1.2.10]$ wx-config --list

    Default config is osx_cocoa-unicode-3.0

The above config file is a gigantic, seemingly autocreated bash script
that doesn't do much to tell me about how Homebrew built wx. Again,
I'm not familiar with wxWidgets development, nor really with doing Mac
development, so I apologize for my poor debugging skills here.

I'll attempt an upstream 3.0.0.0 compilation and see how it shakes out...

>> Any suggestions on the compilation failure? Has anyone successfully
>> compiled a recent Survex on OS X Mavericks? Is it perhaps a
>> Carbon/Cocoa issue? Build log attached.
>
> I think the list might have stripped it - it's set to remove some
> attachments to try to avoid relaying viruses and trojans.

My email client shows that I attached the log on the outgoing message.
Oh well, here's an online version of my original vanilla
`buildmacosx.sh` output:

   http://pastebin.com/QH0nx5NT

Thanks for your help!

- DR