Survex 1.2.9 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jan 13 02:44:45 GMT 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 09:58:07AM +0000, kevin dixon wrote:
> I just checked the changed version of 1.2.9 on my XP system.
>
> I still get wxWidgets mouse button alerts and Aven stays on when you cancel
> them.
>
> Print and Export As both produce a 'Bug in Program' crash.
> This is a big problem for me because I need to do a lot of drawing.

I doubt I'll be able to fix this instantly, as I don't know what the
cause of this problem is, and I don't have direct access to a machine
running XP.

If you have to use XP and need to be able to Print and Export, your best
option right now is to downgrade to a version of Survex where these
work.  I think 1.2.7 (NB not 1.2.7b) works, but it would be useful if
somebody could confirm (both for those affected, and to help track down
what the problem is).

P.S. This may become a moot point, as security support for XP ends in
April (unless you're prepared to pay through the nose for it):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP#Support_lifecycle