Survex 1.2.8: Aven can't get out of full screen mode

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 8 06:56:03 GMT 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 01:14:13PM +0000, Footleg wrote:
> The only quirky thing I see is that in full screen view the Windows
> task bar still appears on top of the window, even though the Aven
> window is covering the entire screen (I can see my model though the
> semi-transparent taskbar. Who says the glassy UI features of Windows 7
> are not of any use?!). I see this same task bar z-order issue with
> 1.2.7 too. Note that the Therion viewer Loch appears on top of the
> task bar when I put that into full screen view.

That's interesting, as Loch also uses wxWidgets, and the code in aven
and loch to toggle full screen mode is essentially the same.

The Windows build of Survex 1.2.7 was with wxWidgets 2.8.12 and 1.2.8
was with 2.9.5 (and 1.2.9 uses wxWidgets 3.0.0).

Do you know what version of wxWidgets therion is built with?  It doesn't
seem to say on their website.