Survex 1.2.9 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jan 8 06:30:03 GMT 2014

Survex 1.2.9 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

The most notable change is that the Microsoft Windows version is now
built with wxWidgets 3.0.0 (previously 2.9.5 was used).

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

30a468f2ac39713d713963e8c8d6707188228645  survex-1.2.9.tar.gz
c9c2cc026700d425e851af403cb5028bd6ff1b99  survex-win32-1.2.9.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
http://survex.com/software/1.2.9/

There's no pre-built version for Mac OS X at the moment - Dan Colish has
been kindly providing these builds, but he no longer has access to a
suitable machine to build them on.

You should be able to build a disk image from source using the
"buildmacosx.sh" script in the source tree - see the comments at the
start of that script for details.

If someone with a Mac is interested in providing builds for others, let
me know.

It would also be good to get the Mac OS X build working with wxWidgets
3.0.0 too.  I'm happy to assist with that if anyone's interested.

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated with any
issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.9

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release notes
to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).