Survex 1.2.15 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Aug 14 12:39:55 BST 2014

Survex 1.2.15 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

This release expands the list of coordinate systems which *cs
understands.  We now support all the coordinates systems which Therion
does, except for a few which don't have X=East and Y=North.  The
documentation for *cs has also been improved.

This feature should still be treated as somewhat experimental, but
please try it and let us know what you think.  The issue with altitudes
being converted as height above the ellipsoid remains.

This release also makes it harder to accidentally get yourself stuck in
full screen mode without any idea of the shortcut key to get out.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

7d19f818259b9d09ba1dc33ff2ae9a25473be3b3  survex-1.2.15.tar.gz
990789a645ea70a7d967d36c86afea84b3c20ab1  survex-win32-1.2.15.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
http://survex.com/software/1.2.15/

There's currently no pre-built version of a recent release for Mac OS X.
You should be able to build a disk image from source using the
"buildmacosx.sh" script in the source tree - see the comments at the
start of that script for details, though this may need some adjustments
to link with PROJ, which is used for coordinate transforms.

If someone with a Mac is interested in providing builds for others, or
writing a script for homebrew or macports, let me know.

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.15

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.15 (2014-08-14):

* cavern: The *cs command now also supports "long-lat", "s-merc" (for "Web
  Mercator"), EPSG and ESRI codes, "eur79z30", "ijtsk" and "ijtsk03".  This
  means that we now support all the coordinates systems which Therion does,
  except for a few which don't have X=East and Y=North.  The documentation
  for *cs has also been improved.

* aven: We no longer persist full screen mode between runs - it's not a
  standard behaviour of desktop programs, and it's too easy to go into full
  screen mode from the menu and then not be able to get out again because you
  don't know the required key shortcut. (ticket#39)

* aven: When in full screen mode, moving the mouse to the top of the screen now
  makes the menu bar appear.  This provides a non-shortcut way out of full
  screen mode, as well as making it easier to perform other operations while in
  full screen mode.  The current implementation gives an annoyingly flickery
  transition, but hopefully we can improve this in future. (ticket#39)

* (MacOS X version): If built with wxWidgets >= 3.1.0 (which is still in
  development), we now call EnableFullScreenView() which improves the full
  screen mode experience on OS X 10.7 and later.

* img library: Improve documentation for img_ERROR_INFO.

* tests/: Ship some missing .out files and compare.tst.

* tests/: cavern.tst testcase back2 is now actually used.  Fix a bug in this
  testcase, and extend it to cover a variant of the situation reported as a bug
  in therion by Bill Gee to the therion list.

* (Linux version) survex.spec: Add run-time requirement on proj and proj-epsg
  for the survex package and on tk for the svxedit package.