Survex 1.2.12 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 14 06:15:38 BST 2014

Survex 1.2.12 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

This release fixes a number of reported bugs in aven, and improves the
appearance of printouts a little.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

70055e17645659d12b8ad7f7eb6c19444d5a40a7  survex-1.2.12.tar.gz
e809b2e070654387d2d1963c91747b02ab004cdc  survex-win32-1.2.12.exe

There are also detached GPG signatures in the download directory:
http://survex.com/software/1.2.12/

There's no pre-built version for Mac OS X at the moment, but you should
be able to build a disk image from source using the "buildmacosx.sh"
script in the source tree - see the comments at the start of that script
for details.  Thanks to David A. Riggs, this script now uses wxWidgets
3.0.0, and should work on OS X 10.9.  I'm unable to test this myself,
so I'm reliant on people to report any issues they find with this.

If someone with a Mac is interested in providing builds for others, let
me know.

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated
with any issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.12

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release
notes to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.12 (2014-04-14):

* aven: Fix measuring line to show change in altitude rather than altitude
  itself (accidentally broken by changes in 1.2.11).  Reported by Brian
  Clipstone.

* aven: Fix printing when built with wxWidgets 3.0.

* aven: Several visual improvements to printouts:

  + Move the numbers below the scale bar down a little so that they don't
    overlap the scale bar ticks.

  + Set the clipping region after we draw the page border and info box to avoid
    clipping the border in print preview.

  + Tidy up the appearance of the compass and elevation arrow.

* aven: Fix to build with libav 10.  Reported by Moritz Muehlenhoff in
  <http://bugs.debian.org/739332>.

* aven: Fix to build with older libav where avcodec_free_frame() isn't
  available.

* (Linux version) survex.spec: Update spec file used for building RPM packages.

* (Unix version): Add "Keywords:" entry to .desktop files.

* (Unix version): Enable large file support, mostly to support filing systems
  which return 64 bit inode values, such as CIFS mounts.

* (Microsoft Windows version): Only allow "A-Z" or "a-z" for driver letters,
  rather than any character which is a letter in the current locale.

* Various translation updates.