Survex/Aven on Windows 7 tablet

HughStL hugh at stlawrence.free-online.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 12:17:34 BST 2014

Just wondered if anyone used Survex on a tablet?
I'm trying v1.2.7b out on a Windows 7 powered Dell Latitude ST (2gb RAM)
with semi mixed results. Some comments for developers:

1. in Aven scale bar shows but no scale displayed - ie. no text denoting
metres

2. virtually impossible to select station points, even with pretty
accurate stylus (Dell Latitude ST has proper digitising screen with
active stylus, not one of those big-blob Android/iPad pens)

3. if you do manage to select a station point, then the measuring line
is inescapable - the 'cancel measuring line' under Controls drop down is
greyed out

4. Survex has crashed several times processing large files - smaller
ones seem ok.

5. Aven sometimes (but not always) exits with error message.

Anyone else had experience of Survex on a tablet?  The potential of
multi-touch for zooming around and controlling Aven is exciting, but
maybe that all needs to be built in.  At the moment it's semi-usable but
missing some fundamentals - in my version, anyway.

Hugh