[SURVEX] More on xcaverot vs Digital Unix

Mark Shinwell mrs30@cam.ac.uk
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 18:26:29 +0000

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 12:50:48PM -0500, Phil Benchoff wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 05:43:25PM +0000, Mark Shinwell wrote:
> > P.S. I meant do xdpyinfo on the Digital box.  Did the problem stop when turning
> > double buffering off on the Linux or on the Digital box?
>
> Everything appears to work on the Linux box.
>
> Here is the output of xdpyinfo -queryExtensions on the Digital Unix
> box:

(snip)

Try this.
In xcaverot.c insert the following line after line 1318:

    XColor col;

and insert the following after the (new) line 1387 [ "&dbwinattr);" ]:

    XAllocNamedColor(mydisplay, color_map, "black", &col, &col);
    black = ind_bg = mybackground = col.pixel;
    XAllocNamedColor(mydisplay, color_map, "white", &col, &col);
    white = ind_fg = myforeground = col.pixel;

See if that works...

Mark

--
Mark Shinwell  -- President, Cambridge University Caving Club
Queens' College, Cambridge, UK