Survex 0.92 prerelease 6

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 22:02:30 +0000

>I have downloaded the MSDOS version and have tested it on OFD.
>CAVERN is now slower by over 100% , 25.71 secs against 57.58secs for
>OFD2, otherwise no other problems.

Which version are you comparing against?

I would expect cavern 0.92 to be slower than 0.91 or earlier.  This is
because cavern now performs full covariance calculations in the least
squares solution.  The benefit is better loop closure results (though
the difference will be small) but more importantly it allows better
further analysis of the errors.

I'm suprised it's as much as 100% slower.  What spec is the machine?
If it's the old SWCC machine (which I suspect doesn't have a floating
point unit) I'd be less suprised.

Brian - are you happy to let me have a copy of the OFD data set to
play with?  If so, could you send it to me (either by email or on a
floppy) so I can investigate further.

> CAVEROT Keys :- Delete, U & D and the cursor keys do not work.

OK.  Did they work in the previous version?  If so, which version was
that?

>Added extra if you press the left and right buttons together on the
>mouse you toggle Plan/Elevation.

That what the middle button does on a 3-button mouse (or if you
depress the wheel on a wheelmouse).  Clicking both buttons together
emulates the third button (a useful feature).

>PRINTPCL is OK, label size OK.

Great.